The Eye Exam.We don’t do ‘sight tests’. We conduct the eye examination appropriate for you.
This approach ensures, that as a client, you always benefit from a thorough investigation of your vision, assessment of your eye coordination, monitoring of changes in the health of your eyes, examine your eyes for possible health problems and offer advice on any specific occupational or recreational needs in relation to your individual lifestyle.
Extended Eye Examination
With an extended eye examination, you benefit by having:
- 3-D Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- digital retinal photography
- anterior eye photography
- Tonometry and visual fields
- any other additional tests to monitor your eye health, and check for a range of potential eye conditions such as glaucoma, macular degeneration and retinal detachment. These tests are not subsidised by the NHS.
We recommend the extended eye examination to all our clients.
NHS funded eye examinations
We are a registered NHS practice and carry out NHS funded eye examinations which is extremely valuable in giving clients access to eye care services. The NHS examination does not however cater for the use of the highly sophisticated imaging and scanning equipment, which is used for in-depth investigations and to monitor and detect such eye conditions as glaucoma, macular degeneration and other abnormalities of the eye.
The extended eye examination is highly recommended. Many of our clients are already benefiting from the use of such technology.
We carry out other services including low visual aid assessments, orthoptic treatment, visual fields, and VDU examinations:
- Home visits for the housebound
- Low Visual Aid assessments
- Orthoptic treatment
- DVLA visual fields and sports eyewear
We also carry out VDU examinations and are members of all the large national VDU schemes.
Low Vision Aid Assessments
– visual impairment can be very distressing and have a huge impact on our lives. We can carry out a full assessment of your visual restrictions, discuss your needs and requirements and provide a large range of magnification devices and can advise on various techniques for maximizing the vision you have.
Orthoptic Treatments – our eye movements are controlled by six pairs of muscles. These work together in pairs to give us accurate and comfortable binocular vision. If our ocular muscles are not working together properly we can have problems with headaches, eyestrain, blurring or even double vision. There is a range of simple exercises which can be carried out to improve muscular control and alleviate symptoms.
VDU Assessments – many of us spend a large portion of our day staring at a computer screen. This can give rise to a variety of eye-related problems such as dry eyes, headaches and eyestrain. We can advise you on a range of lenses which have been specially developed to alleviate symptoms and improve visual comfort whilst using computers, laptops and hand held electronic devices.
We are a member of all large national VDU schemes.
Visit Croft and Graves today