OCT & Optos
At Croft and Graves Optometrists, we view your eyes differently. Your eyes are arguably one of the most important senses, and your eyes deserve the very best care to maintain good vision and overall health. With the advanced eye examination, the very latest in diagnostic imaging eyecare technology is utilised – the OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) and the Optomap® Widefield Retinal Imaging, giving you the reassurance that your eye health is monitored at every visit.
We were the first practice in the region of Tynedale to make the substantial investment to purchase an Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT) scanner over a decade ago. Since then, we have invested and upgraded to the latest OCT equipment. With such a pedigree of experience in analysing and interpreting scans, you benefit from our vast experience and have the reassurance that your eye health is in great hands.
This revolutionary 3D screening uses light waves to capture detailed 3D images of the layers that make up the back of your eye. Never has it been possible to detect the most subtle changes to the retina or abnormalities within your eyes with such precision, so we can quickly spot changes to your eye health over time. Being able to identify the earliest symptoms of common eye conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, vitreous detachments, macular holes, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma, allows for early referral and management which can improve the treatment and management.
Not only that, but the 3D OCT scanner enables us to store a visual record of your eye history. This gives you an invaluable, ongoing record of the health and condition of your eyes.
OPTOMAP® WIDEFIELD IMAGING
The Optomap® Widefield Imaging has revolutionised the way we see the back of the eye, and is an integral part of our eye examinations. The Optomap produces unique 200o high-resolution images to ascertain the health of the retina. This is a much wider view than the traditional 45o images.
Many eye conditions can develop without you knowing, or noticing any change in your vision. Being able to monitor the health of your eyes with a thorough examination of the retina, means that eye conditions or damage such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments and other health problems can be detected much earlier, giving you a better outcome for treatment and management.
- The inclusion of an Optomap® as part of our eye examination gives you:
- A series of scans to review the health of the eye or detect eye conditions or disease.
- Such a wide view of the retina gives your optometrist a comprehensive view than they can obtain by traditional testing methods.
- The opportunity to view and discuss your scans with your optometrist, at your consultation.
- A permanent record of your eyes, so your eye health can be monitored at each visit.
- Together, these diagnostic imaging scans are a bit like having a 4-D image of your eyes, giving you reassurance of the health of your eyes, and enabling your optometrist to monitor the health of your eyes, like never before. For all our clients, this technology has given them welcome reassurance that their eyes are in good health.